Monday, April 4, 2011

Marshall Ackley #2

Marshall Ackley #2 by ZachAncell
Marshall Ackley #2 a photo by ZachAncell on Flickr.
Update 10/10/09: I just found out that this photo has made it onto Flickr Explore! Thank you to everyone for supporting me and for all the kind words. I'm happy to see my portrait work getting such a warm response. I'll keep on bringing you all great photos. Thanks for your support

Ok, so I know this one is the exact same pose at the one I posted two days ago but I wanted to post something new that I didn't link you to before (the four other photos I had edited the other day).

I got bored and was going through the image from our photo shoot to see if there was something I could work on to fill some time and I came across this photo. I loved the colors in the background and this was the original idea for our photo shoot anyway. I wanted to do something where the athlete was completely out of their element. Instead of being in a block start on a track and I wanted to do it on a street.

I think this came out really well. It was the dramatic style that we were going for and I love the fact that he's not wearing sunglasses in this shot. You have an awesome view of his eyes just staring you down.

If you didn't get a chance to see the other photos from the shoot you can find one on my photostream and the other four on my website www.zachancell.com/blog/

*No use of this photo shall be allowed without first contacting me*

Strobist Info: Same setup as the other. This photos was shot using three flash units. Two SB-600's shot through two Ezybox's from left and right of the subject. These units were set about 8 feet away from the subject. Head on, the subject was shot with a SB-800 through a Beauty dish from a distance of about 4 feet. All of the flash units were triggered by Pocketwizards

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please use only family-friendly words. Otherwise, your comment will be filtered out. :D
You can use some HTML tags, such as b, i, a